Shochugeiko Day 6

It's done. This was the last day of a week-long shochugeiko, and it's been quite a week. If you happen to have the time to attend every single class plus the special sessions, you would have spent around 45 hours or so doing budo in one week. I had the chance to do about 20, and that certainly felt like a lot.

The odd thing is, there are people who work in physically demanding fields (even a pharmacist who stands on his feet all day is demanding to me) and do it for 40 or more hours a week, so why would 20 hours feel so overwhelming, mentally and physically? Perhaps because I/we did it in addition to our normal jobs (and I sit at a desk all day and don't exercise like I should, which doesn't help, either).

Today, though, was the toughest for me. I did the 6:30 am Aikido class, the 7:30 to 9:00 judo class, then the 9 to 11 jodo class, took a half hour break and then did the 11:30 to 1pm Aikido class. Phew! I need a shower. And I think it's time to wash the gi!

Unfortunately, I rolled my left ankle while doing a little judo randori with Greg Ables Sensei, but I think it's okay. I kept going for the rest of the classes, but now that I'm home, it's a little tender. 

The biggest casualty, however, is my brain. It's just fried. A lot of good information, in all arts, from all levels of participants. A good experience, though, that I was happy to be a part of.



Comments

  1. Yes indeed. Fried brain. It really started hitting me Tuesday afternoon, then started showing up earlier and earlier each day afterward.

    This was one of the richest learning experiences I've had in a very, very long time. Makes me curious what Kangeiko will bring come December.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment